Online Baccarat is an easy to learn table game that carries a low house edge and offers players some variety when it comes to making bets. This is often a game associated with high rollers, but the fact is you don’t have to possess a huge bankroll to play. Bonus Bunker has put together a review of this popular table game that includes some solid and sound tactics that you can utilize at the online Baccarat table.
Baccarat Basics: How to Play
The rules of Baccarat are clear and consistent. The player tries to beat the banker and vice versa. The best hand in Baccarat totals
9. Basically, the player and banker are trying to get as close to 9 as they can. Unlike Blackjack, you cannot bust in Baccarat. In Baccarat each card has a numerical value. Jacks, Queens, Kings and 10s are worth 0, Aces are worth 1 and all other cards are worth their numerical value. A hand begins with two cards each being dealt each to the player and the banker. Then the player’s totals are determined by adding the two cards together. As an example, if the player is dealt a 5 and 4, they would have
9. If the banker is dealt a King and a 6, their total would be 6. The player would win.Players and bankers must stand on 8 or 9. If a player has 5 or less they must hit. If a player stands, the banker must hit if they have 5 or less. If a banker does not have 8 or 9 and the player draws a third card, whether or not the banker draws a third card is determined by what the player has after drawing that third card. If a third card is dealt, such as if the player was holding a 10 and 4 for a total of 4, then that is added to the total. If the player received a 6 as their third card, they would have 4+6 or 0. If they were dealt a 4, they would be holding 4+4 or 8.
The interesting thing about Baccarat is that you may make any of three bets. All bets are made prior to the hand being dealt. You may bet on:
- The player winning with a 1.24% edge.
- The banker winning with a 1.06% edge.
- A tie that carries a14.36% house edge. (Note: the above house edges are based on eight decks being used. They do vary a bit depending upon how many decks are used.)
Playing to Win Online Baccarat
Here are online Baccarat tips from Bonus Bunker that we have found useful. These tips are designed to give you as much of an advantage as possible in what is a game of chance with very strict rules regarding when you may or may not draw an additional card and when you must stand.
- Be the banker if this is possible. The banker earns a 5% commission on all wins. To be the banker, you must be able to cover all bets. Only some online casinos will let the player take this spot. However, most will not.
- Although a tie pays 8-1 (and sometimes 9-1), the house edge is huge. Don’t play it unless you are substantially ahead.
- Some casinos offer tie betting where you pick on which number the banker and player will tie. This is an even worse wager than the regular tie bet. It’s not advisable to play this bet.
- Play one-unit bets until you are up by 10%. Then add a unit.
- If you raise your wager, go back to the one-unit bet as soon as you lose.
- If you are on a winning streak, be mindful to monitor when the cards are turning against you. Leave the table with a profit.
- Know the rules regarding hitting and standing. There is much less choice and strategy in Baccarat than in Blackjack. That means that your winning or losing is tied to strict rules regarding what the player and banker must do in certain situations.
- The rules give the banker a real edge. The best bet is on the banker. So play it.
- The game can move quickly. Slow it down, take your time making decisions and play at a pace that allows you to wager wisely.
Baccarat Calls for Consistency
If you love Baccarat, you’ll find the basic game, plus numerous variations, online, including Mini Baccarat, High Stakes Baccarat, and VIP Baccarat. Variations usually allow players to make additional bets, special wagers, and various types of side bets. The most common form played is known as PuntoBanco. This is a table game that should be played at a fairly slow rate. Playing quickly and raising your bets can result in your losing a lot of money quickly. If you’re to take one bit of advice from Bonus Bunker, then it is to play online Baccarat with steady consistency and patience. This is the best way to get paid offononline Baccarat. Good luck at the table!