How to Play, Best Bets and Tips Craps is an exciting game that offers players numerous types of bets, including many where the house edge is minimal. Bonus Bunker understands that Craps can be a confusing game for those who aren’t familiar with all of the ins and outs. We’ve put together guidelines and some solid betting strategies that you can use to make cash while playing online Craps.
Quick Online Craps Basics
With Craps, players are betting on various outcomes. When played at a land-base casino, many people bet at one time. Most online Craps games isolate players, which means there is only one player per table. Once you place your bet, it’s time to roll the dice. After your initial roll what happens next is dependent upon what you bet on and the outcome of the roll. There are over a dozen different bets one can make at the Craps table. The two most basic bets are “pass” and “don’t pass.”
Betting and the First Roll
The first roll of the dice is used to establish your box point. Place your wager on the pass line. This has low house odds and is the most common wager. If, after placing your bet, you throw the dice and get a 7 or 11, each of which is known as a “natural,” your turn is over because you’ve won instantly. You collect even odds. If you roll a 2, 3 or 12, you’ve tossed Craps and lost. The line bet is lost. With this first roll, you’re trying to get one of the following: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10. If you roll one of these, the roll of the dice continues until either you make your point by matching your first roll or you toss a 7, which results in your losing.
Best Online Craps Bet
The pass line is considered to be the best bet to make. Not because it offers a large payout, although payouts can be good. This is a good bet because the house edge is a mere 1.414%. When you wager on the pass line always take full odds. This is important. It’s true that this is an even odds wager, however you may be able to get double odds or better at some casinos. If you can, then do so.
Bonus Bunker offers players a major cautionary note when it comes to Craps. Craps can eat up your cash quickly if you’re not careful. It’s best to make bets with the lowest house edge. This will help keep your bankroll intact.
Beyond the Pass Line
There are a few other wagers that Bonus Bunker finds attractive when is comes to online Craps. These are:
- Come Bets: These have an edge of 1.414%.
- Don’t Come: This offers a house edge of 1.402%.
- Don’t Pass: This also carries an edge of 1.402%.
- Odds Bet: After the point is made, you may make an odds wager, getting 2-1 on 4 and 10; 3-2 on 5 and 9 and 6-5 on 6 and 8. If you bet against the point, you’re given the same odds. These are true odds bets and carry no house edge. All of these wagers, except the Odds Bet, have odds that are 1-1.
Less Attractive Craps Bets
With online Craps, the least attractive wagers give the house a much larger edge. That makes them much tougher to hit. Of course the larger payouts for these wagers are what make them of interest to bettors. There are a few wagers that we still like in this group. These include:
- The Field: This one-roll bet offers 1-1 odds on 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 2-1 odds on 2 and 12. The house edge stands at 5.55%.
- Place Bets: There are various place bets and each gives the house a different edge. These are multi-roll wagers. You’re betting that certain numbers will come up before a 7 is rolled. These include: o 6 and 8 which carries a house edge of 1.51%. o 5 and 9 with an edge of 4.00%. o 4 and 10 which offers an edge of 6.66%.
- Buy Bets: Another multi-roll wager, you can get true odds by paying a 5% commission or vig and earn a house edge of 4.76%. You’re wagering on 4 and 10.
Least Attractive Craps Wagers
Bonus Bunker considers the following to be bad bets.
- Seven: This one roll bet pays 4-1 and has a house edge of 16.66%.
- Eleven: The true odds are 17-1 but this bet pays just 14-1. The house edge is prohibitive at 16.66%.
- Hard Ways: You’re wagering on doubles coming up. 4 or 10 pays 7-1 with an edge of 11.11% and 6 and 8 pays 9-1 with a 9.09% edge.
- Craps: This one-roll bet is on 2, 3, or 12 coming up. It pays 7-1 and has an edge of 11.11%.
- Big 6 and 8: Place your bet in the Big 6 & 8 box to earn even money on a true odds bet that’s 6-5. The edge is 9.09%.
- Horn Bet: The horn bet is on 2, 3, 11 and 12. It is a one-roll wager with a house edge of 16.66%. 3 and 11 pay 15-1 and 2 and 12 offer 30-1 odds.
Online Craps Tips
Knowledge is your best friend when to comes to betting and this is certainly true when online Craps is concerned. Here are five betting tips that will keep you at the Craps table, giving you the best chance of winning cash.
- Bet the pass line all the time for one unit.
- Take the highest odds you can get on the pass line bet.
- Take an odds bet for one unit when you are up by 20% or more.
- Take 6 and 8 on the place bet for one unit when you are up by 40%.
- Take the 2 and 12 horn bet when up by 60%. One unit only. Once you lose one of the additional wagers return to the pass line bet.
Take Time with Online Craps
There are other types of wagers that you can make when playing online Craps. Before you begin making some of the more complicated bets, you should learn the basics of the game. Craps is a lot of fun and it has many twists and turns. Enjoy the excitement and play a smart game using basic Craps strategy. Bonus Bunker advises that you be careful when wagering on bets that have a large house edge. Be mindful of your bankroll.